We have been using Mindfulness-Meditation training for decades as part of our leadership development and culture building programmes – or as individual programmes themselves. There is now a huge body of scientific literature on Mindfulness-Meditation, showing numerous positive psychological changes and improvements in brain functioning that result from its practice. These include but are not limited to:
- Relaxation, stress reduction and the ability to handle potentially stressful situations with ease and equilibrium.
- More accurate and in-depth self awareness, enabling individuals to manage their thinking, emotions and behaviour more effectively.
- Greater ability to “reframe” – to be able to see a problem or life situation from a different perspective by viewing it in the framework of a larger context.
- Increased creativity – ability to think in non-linear, open ended ways, outside the box – ‘lateral thinking’.
- Greater field independence: maintaining ones ability to see, understand and respond to various issues and people without being unduly influenced by external pressures.
- Increased resilience: the ability to bounce back from, and make better use of negative or adverse circumstances.
- A greater feeling of well-being, and an overall improvement in health and energy levels.
The Mindfulness-Meditation techniques used that produce these results are easy to learn, pleasant to do and are not time consuming. We teach them in individual or group sessions.